Significant proposals in planning often dictate complex decisions for Responsible Authorities. Such work requires not only technical knowledge but also a clear understanding of planning principles, frameworks and policy as well as the ability to communicate all of these elements clearly in expert evidence.
Octave Acoustics provides expertise and experience in how noise and vibration issues interact with planning law and how advice is processed. We understand the need to communicate complex technical concepts in clear and uncomplicated language.
Forums that we contribute to include:
- The Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)
- Panel hearings
- Committee hearings
- Court proceedings
- Contract and specification disputes
Services that we provide include:
- Presentation of expert evidence
- Preparation of statements of evidence
- Peer reviews
- Compliance assessments
- Planning assessments
- Council permit reviews
- Interpretation & application of noise law (SEPP’s, EP Act and Regulations)